Gastric Sleeve Surgery Turkey Gastric sleeve surgery is one of the most preferred methods in obesity surgery. Worldwide, there are patients who lose weight with this surgery and whose body mass index is in the obesity group. Gastric sleeve gastrectomy is a restrictive surgery. In this method, 80% of the stomach is removed. Because the stomach is smaller, patients eat less and feel fuller by taking fewer calories. While it is possible to lose weight quickly and effectively after surgery, weight-related health problems are also significantly reduced.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Turkey
Having this surgery in Europe is a seriously expensive operation. In our country, you can have sleeve gastrectomy surgery with lower costs. Of course, you may have questions that you are curious about. However, performing gastric sleeve surgery Turkey, Op. Dr. Tufan ERGENÇ has the title of master surgeon. This title given by SRC is shown among the best titles earned in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgeon. Dr. ERGENÇ with more than 20 years of experience, Ergenç has performed more than 4000 surgeries with zero complications and a 100% satisfied obesity patient rate.
How is gastric sleeve surgery operated?
Gastric sleeve surgery is an operation that shapes the stomach as a tube by removing the majority of the stomach by a surgeon in a hospital environment. The surgery, which is performed by using medical devices by making small incisions with the laparoscopic method involves removing the part of the stomach that secretes the ghrelin hormone. This hormone is related to appetite and sense of hunger. Therefore, patients feel to eat less after the surgery and feel fuller in a short time; this helps them to lose weight in a healthy and effective way. Gastric sleeve surgery takes approximately 1-1.5 hour. Patients are discharged after 2 to 4 days.
Who can have gastric sleeve surgery?
- Gastric sleeve surgery is a treatment option suitable for patients aged 18-60 with the following conditions:
- Body mass index (BMI) more than 40 morbid obese patients,
- Patients with body mass index between 35-40 obese patients,
- Patients with health problems such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, joint problems due to excess weight.
- Other than fitting these criteria, patients must have tried methods such as diet, exercise, medication treatment and had no result before choosing gastric sleeve surgery.
- The gastric sleeve which is an effective obesity treatment must not be considered as a procedure to lose weight for aesthetic purposes.
- On the other hand, the surgery decision for patients under 18 and over 60 depends on the surgeon’s evaluation.
- Additionally, gastric sleeve is not recommended for alcohol or drug addicts, people with serious cardiovascular diseases and people with lung diseases.
Recovery and weight loss process after surgery
After weight loss surgery, the patient can be discharged after 3 or 4 days. People with light and desk job can go back to work after 10 days. People working in heavier and physical jobs can start working after 3rd week. Patients will start to lose weight after the surgery. However, in terms of healthy and effective weight loss, the patient needs to follow the diet and care program determined by the surgeon and nutritionist. When the patient is careful about eating and applies correct life habits, weight loss is easier.
With this surgery, patients can lose approximately 75% of excess weight in 1.5 years starting from the first month. This ratio might be lower or higher depending on the patient. Patients might gain weight after 1.5 years. In this case, weight loss is ensured under surgeon control and patient’s metabolism is regulated.
Why this surgery is preferred?
First two bariatric surgery methods in weight loss surgery are gastric sleeve and gastric bypass. Gastric bypass is an older bariatric surgery method than gastric sleeve surgery. Gastric sleeve procedure has gotten ahead of gastric bypass in recent years. The main reason is that gastric sleeve surgery is a simpler procedure.
In a gastric bypass, the majority of the stomach is bypassed to decrease the volume and this section is attached to the small intestine. Since the small intestine changes in this procedure, it is more complex than gastric sleeve surgery. There might be absorption problem risk after the surgery due to the nature of the surgery. To prevent this, patients might need to have a supplement in their entire life. After sleeve gastrectomy surgery, food absorption is normal. Because no changes are made on the small intestine in this surgery. Also, the complication risk is lower and the recovery process is faster in this method.
What are the advantages of the gastric sleeve procedure?
- Sleeve gastrectomy surgery is the process of reducing stomach There is no change in stomach functions. Therefore, the patient feels fuller by eating less and thus weight loss occurs.
- The stomach section, which also produces the hormone ghrelin known as the hunger hormone, is removed in the surgery. This way, the patient does not feel hungry.
- Since the laparoscopic method is used, this is a less risky surgical procedure for patients with excess weight and scar tissue heals faster after the surgery.
- Dumping syndrome does not occur since the stomach valve is protected.
- Ulcer risk is minimized.
- Since intestines are not changed, there will be no problems such as food absorption disorders, marginal ulcer, intestine blockage, osteoporosis, protein and vitamin deficiencies.
Gastric sleeve surgery price in Turkey
Those who are considering surgery and those who are at the decision stage can apply to our communication coordinators. You can learn what to do before sleeve gastrectomy surgery and the price of the surgery.
Compared to other countries, sleeve gastrectomy surgery price in Turkey is affordable. Our obesity clinic and the hospital where we perform the surgery are designed in a modern way. If you want to lose weight in the best way and reach your ideal weight, you should contact the experienced team. Dr. As ERGENÇ and his team, we are proud to host you in the best possible way. We are working for you to continue your life with a healthy life in the future. For detailed information, you can use our social media channels and contact forms.